Kenya Muslim Youth Alliance recently concluded a successful project that aimed create an enabling environment that will inculcate a culture of constitution and constitutionalism among citizens and duty bearers for strategic and informed engagement in the governance of Kilifi County.
1. To increase the knowledge and awareness levels of at least thirty (30) thousand citizens on the Constitution and national legislation in relation to devolution, citizen participation, bill of rights, and judiciary by the end of 2015.
2. To facilitate the internalization of the implication and application of the Constitution for members of Kilifi county assemblies, county executive and county public service boards by the end of 2015.
Below are the results that were realized during the project:
1. Increased constitutional awareness and demand for service delivery by the residents of Kilifi County within the tenets of Supreme Law
2. Enhanced citizen participation through collection and dissemination of relevant information for participatory governance
3. Enhanced transparency and accountability of devolved functions and funds for Kilifi County.
4. Entrenched culture of constitution and constitutionalism among the residents of Kilifi County.